covecandle.com is a website owned and operated by Cové Candles, a sole trader business ran by Kimberly O’Malley. Processing of your personal information is carried out by or on behalf of Cové Candles.
Cové Candles is committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what we do with it, no matter how you interact with us. That’s whether you want to shop with us, receive our bulletin or other form of frequent or infrequent communication, want information or want to learn more about what we do.
We are committed to using your personal information in accordance with our responsibilities. We are required to provide you with the information in this Privacy Notice under applicable law which includes:
- the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the Data Protection Act 2018 (‘DPA’) referred to as the ‘data protection legislation’
- the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
We won’t do anything with your information you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
This notice, together with our website terms and conditions and our cookies policy tells you about how we collect, use and protect your personal information.
If you have any queries about our Privacy Notice, please get in touch with our Information Governance team:
Phone: 07989 393002
Data Protection Advisor
48 Stonehouse Road
HOW AND WHEN WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
When you directly give us information
We may collect and store information about you when you interact with us. For example, this could be when you:
- Shop from us online
- Subscribe to our bulletin or join a communication group
- Register for or attend an event
- Contact us in person, via post, phone or email/online to submit an enquiry, request information, give us feedback or make a complaint.
When you indirectly give us information
When you interact with us on social media platforms such as Facebook, or instagram we may also obtain some personal information about you. The information we receive will depend on the privacy preferences you have set on each platform and the privacy policies of each platform. To change your settings on these platforms, please refer to their privacy notices.
We may obtain information about your visit to our site, for example the pages you visit and how you navigate the site, by using cookies. Please visit our cookies policy for information on this.
What information we might collect
When you engage with us by phone, mail, in person or online, we may collect information about you (referred to in this Privacy Notice as ‘personal information’). This may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, debit/credit card details, why you are interested in Cové Candles, and other information relating to you personally which you may choose to provide to us.
Data protection law recognises that certain types of personal information are more sensitive. This is known as ‘sensitive’ or ‘special category’ personal information and covers information revealing racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs and political opinions, trade union membership, genetic or biometric data, information concerning health or data concerning a person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
Sensitive information will only be collected where necessary and clear notices will be provided at the time we collect this information, stating what information is needed, and why.
If you’re 16 or under
If you’re aged 16 or under, you must get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us.
HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Order processing: We will process personal information you provide in order to fulfill an order you have placed with us either online or in store. This may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit or debit card details, delivery and premises related information, online account details including log in details, dietary preferences and marketing preferences information.
- Responding to a request: If you contact us with a query, we may use your personal information to provide you with a response. This may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and other relevant information that will help us respond.
- Direct marketing: We will only send you marketing information by email, text, or phone if you have given us specific consent. If you withdraw your consent and then subsequently opt in to receive marketing information again, then your most recent preference may supersede.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: We may use your information in order to improve current and future delivery of our services.
- Transactional purposes: We will need to use your personal information in order to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us for products or services.
- Providing and developing our website: We may use your personal information to help provide you with access to our website, personalise your experience, and improve and develop it further.
- Administration: We may use your personal information to record and deal with a complaint, record a request not to receive further marketing information and for other essential internal record keeping purposes.
- Research and surveys: We may invite you to participate in surveys to help us improve our website, products and services. Participation is always voluntary and no individuals will be identified as a result of this research, unless you consent to us publishing your feedback.
- Legal, regulatory and tax compliance: When we are subject to a legal obligation, we may process your personal information to fulfil that obligation.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We will only use your information for the purposes for which it was obtained. We will not, under any circumstances, sell or share your personal information with any third party for their own purposes, and you will not receive marketing from any other companies, charities or other organisations as a result of giving your details to us.
We will only share your data for the following purposes:
- Third party suppliers: We may need to share your information with data hosting providers, product or service providers who help us to deliver our products and services. These providers will only act under our instruction.
- Where legally required: We will comply with requests where disclosure is required by law, for example, we may disclose your personal information to the government for tax investigation purposes, or to law enforcement agencies for the prevention and detection of crime. We may also share your information with the emergency services if we reasonably think there is a risk of serious harm or abuse to you or someone else.
We always aim to ensure that personal information is only used by those third parties for lawful purposes in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We use technical and corporate organisational safeguards to ensure that your personal information is secure. We limit access to information on a need-to-know basis and take appropriate measures to ensure that our people are aware that such information is only used in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your information is only accessible by appropriately trained staff and contractors.
Our online forms are always encrypted and our network is protected and routinely monitored.
If you give us your credit or debit card details in order to make a transaction online or by phone, we pass your card details securely to our payment processing partners. We do this in accordance with industry standards and do not store the details on our website.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will keep your personal information in respect of financial transactions for as long as the law requires us to for tax or accounting purposes (which may be up to six years after a particular transaction).
If you request that we stop processing your personal information for the purpose of marketing we may in some instances need to add your details to a suppression file to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted.
In respect of other personal information, we will retain it for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, taking into account guidance issued by the Information Commissioner’s Office.
YOUR RIGHTS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Data protection legislation gives you the right to request access to personal information about you which is processed by Cové Candles and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
You also have the right to ask us to erase your personal information, ask us to restrict our processing of your personal information or to object to our processing of your personal information.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please write to us and send it along with copies of two separate identification documents which provide photo identification and confirm your address, such as a passport, driving licence, or utility bill.
Please also provide any additional information that is relevant to the nature of your contact with us, as this will help us to locate your records.
You can send us the documents via post to:
Data Protection Advisor
48 Stonehouse Road
Alternatively email a copy of the form along with scans or photos of your two forms of identification to email@example.com.
We will respond within 30 days, on receipt of your written request and copies of your identification documents.
How to make a complaint or raise a concern
If you would like more information, or have any questions about this policy, to make a formal complaint about our approach to data protection or raise privacy concerns please contact us by:
Phone: 07989 393002
Data Protection Advisor
48 Stonehouse Road
If you make a complaint and you are not happy with the response you receive, then you can raise your concern with the relevant statutory body:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Alternatively you can visit their website.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
Our Privacy Notice may change from time to time, so please check this page occasionally to see if we have included any updates or changes, and that you are happy with them.
(Last updated: 07 October 2020)